Student engagement is the number one issue facing schools and communities.
- 91% of young learners around the world are gamers
- 63% of young learners are disengaged
- Students average 135 minutes a day playing games
How we help
Our platform provides a safe environment for students to play their favourite games in, fosters collaboration and creativity, and has proven results in facilitating learning outcomes in literacy and numeracy and improvements in attendance and behaviour management systems.
To teach one million young people literacy and numeracy through gaming.
We are and will continue to be an educational platform that is an intellectual and creative centre for effective engagement in young people. In a world that demands more communication, better systems and an increasingly competitive job market, our platform aligns with shifts in the global emerging industry of esports. These trends build upon our core mission and our values:
- Creativity, innovation and motivation to challenge the status quo and seek new solutions to complex problems.
- Social engagement and emotional intelligence are important throughout a students’ academic experience and helps them become critically engaged citizens, contributing to the good of society.
- Flaktest and it’s community adhere to the moral and ethical principles of our society, using each individuals gifts and talents in a responsible and honorable manner.
- Young people discover how video games can help them reach their own personal goals.
- Purposeful play – Young gamers see the benefit in spending in-game time for effective practice, socialisation and performance.
- Club leadership – Youth Esports Clubs provide opportunities for young people to gain invaluable leadership experience.
- Community Services – Young people learn the importance of community service, volunteering for their club and mentoring younger gamers.
All forms of esports programs at Flaktest aims to provide an experience and a safe and fun environment that promotes ongoing participation in esports and a lifelong love for the games young people love to play. The active participation of parents and caregivers in their child’s participation and education in schools and Flaktest activities is critical for their wellbeing and leads to outcomes such as:
- improved behaviour
- a greater engagement in school work
- better social skills
- a stronger belief in the importance of education
- a greater sense of personal competence and learning ability
Duty of care
The hallmark of a safe and supportive school and Youth Esports Club is wellbeing. This means that each member, parent and school staff feel a sense of belonging, are respected, values and free from discrimination and harassment. A holistic approach at Flaktest aims to highlight a number of well being topics that promote a safe and supportive framework, while building resiliency and confidence in individuals.
Flaktest supports the development of skills that help young people stay physically and mentally strong. Building their confidence and resiliency, young people recognise their strength and appreciate their weaknesses and know when and who to ask for help.
Developing skills for young people to make informed choices and feel good about their decisions is an important responsibility for parents and caregivers. At Flaktest, young people have a platform that illustrates the impact of their actions through a transparent relationship between schools and other young people online.
The online world of gaming has amazing benefits and access to immediate feedback, but for young people, it is important to learn how to keep safe from malicious and explicit content and cyberbulling. Flaktest centralises the communications between clubs and focuses on localising the content to prevent exposure to young people who are accessing information within the community.